A webcast is a media file distributed over the Internet using streaming media technology to many simultaneous listeners/viewers. A webcast may either be distributed live or on demand. Essentially, webcasting is "broadcasting" over the Internet. So why the hype? Webcasting has generated so much attention in and around the events industry because of the benefits the technology provides. These benefits include:
• Extended reach of the chosen message
• Increased event ROI
• Extended event experience
• Delivering the message simultaneously to many listeners/viewers
• Overcoming geographic boundaries and time constraints
• Positioning the brand competitively
• Alleviating legal and regulatory compliance for AGMs
When you sit down and consider the real application of webcasting in the events industry, Its no wonder it has been a success.
Post - Matthew Allely.