Join our Melbourne team as Venue Operations Coordinator
Are you a switched-on, highly organised individual with a passion for events? Staging Connections are Australia's leading event production and audio visual company and are currently looking for an enthusiastic and logistics-whiz to join our growing team in Melbourne. You'll be responsible for ensuring everything is where it's meant to be at all times. If you're ready for the step up, read on and apply today!
We’re currently looking for an enthusiastic Venue Operations Coordinator to be part of a rewarding and dynamic team environment. You will be supporting the Event Staging Manager in day to day operational duties to ensure that events run smoothly. Based in one of our prestigious hotels in Melbourne, you will be responsible for the timely organisation and rostering of Audio Visual equipment, crew and transport. In addition, you will ensure that the correct warehousing and processing requirements are met.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES OF OUR VENUE OPERATIONS COORDINATOR
• Installation, operation and removal of audio visual equipment
• Ensure all events execute on time, efficiently and smoothly
• Ensure correct equipment and quantities are available to crew
• Order and maintain stock levels of consumables and ensure correct mix of equipment is kept on site
• Roster Crew in conjunction with Event Staging Manager
• Prepare and maintain accurate reports on inventory usage
• Attend operational meetings with venue and client meetings as required for large or complex shows
• Ensure the maintenance and cleanliness of all storage areas and equipment within the venue
• Lead crew when required on larger set ups
and pack downs
ESSENTIAL CRITERIA TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS POSITION
• Solid working knowledge of audio visual equipment
• Proven crew leadership experience
• Excellent communication skills
• Highly developed customer service
• Time management skills; the ability to manage multiple and competing deadlines
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Ability to commence work early and after hours when required
• High level of accuracy and attention to detail
• Enthusiasm and initiative
• High standard of personal presentation
• Good working knowledge of MS Office Outlook, Word and Excel
WHY YOU’LL LOVE BEING PART OF OUR TEAM
- No day is the same but every day is rewarding: We work in the exciting world of events. Every event presents its own set of unique thrills and challenges, charging our teams to be creative yet pragmatic every day.
- We turn ordinary events into extraordinary experiences: It's our passion for creating unforgettable experiences
- We cultivate great culture! At Staging Connections we grow teams that are seriously fun.
- You will be an integral part to the business and as such, will be in a position to showcase your passion for our events.