Are you our next Technical Event Director?
Fancy being in charge of producing extraordinary events? If you walk the line between tech guru and commercially savvy production manager; enjoy seeing your work delight your audience; and want to join a community of talented event enthusiasts who share the goal of creating unforgettable experiences, this might just be the role for you.
An outstanding opportunity has arisen for a driven and qualified individual to join our production team as the Technical Event Director. Based in our Sydney business, this role is responsible for the effective supervision of crew in the delivery, installation, operation and removal of audio visual equipment required to operate shows of any size and difficulty. In addition, the Technical Event Director is responsible for technical consultation and advice to the business. This is a senior role which is part of a highly creative production team and the successful candidate will be working with some of the most qualified and respected AV technicians and managers in the industry. If you like thinking outside the square and trying new things then this is a great opportunity to expand on your skillset across all production facets and enhance your career.
What will you do in your role as Technical Event Director
- Developing event objectives.
- Publishing show brief information including schedules, floor plans, schematics.
- On Site Event management.
- Attending client meetings and briefings.
- Researching new technology and maintaining knowledge of current technology trends
- Staff training.
- Project ownership from concept through to delivery.
- Providing on the job coaching and mentoring to crew.
- Managing the financial integrity of events; and.
- Implementing and maintaining effective health and safety systems, complying with our OH&S and Risk Management Program.
Essential criteria to be successful in this position
- Ability to translate customer requirements into technical production environment.
- Thorough technical understanding of AV equipment.
- High level computer skills (Word, Excel, R2.Cad skills i.e Vectorworks).
- Ability to work within constrained budgets with limited resources.
- People Management/Leadership skills and work with the production team.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Highly developed customer service skills.
- Time management skills; the ability to manage multiple and competing deadlines.
- Maturity to deal with people at all levels of the organisation.
- Effective negotiation skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work after hours (when necessary).
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
Why you’ll love working with Staging Connections
- No day is the same but every day is rewarding: We work in the exciting world of events. Every event presents its own set of unique thrills and challenges, charging our teams to be creative yet pragmatic every day.
- We turn ordinary events into extraordinary experiences: It's our passion for creating unforgettable experiences
- We cultivate great culture! At Staging Connections we grow teams that are seriously fun.
- You will be an integral part to the business and as such, will be in a position to showcase your passion for our events.