Event Manager Opportunity in Kuala Lumpur
Staging Connections is Australia’s largest and only truly integrated events company. Due to the expansion of the business in Asia, we are on the lookout for an experienced and creative Event Staging Manager to join our Venue team in one of the prestigious hotels in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Staging Connections are continuing to grow across Asia and we are on the lookout for an experienced and creative Event Staging Manager to join our Venue team in one of the prestigious hotels in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Event Manager with experience in the sales and logistics of live Audio Visual hire to join the Staging Connections team in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. In this key events role, you will be responsible for promoting Staging Connection’s range of event services and solutions to the venue and our clients. This position requires a person with excellent communication skills and a successful track record in building and maintaining strong customer relationships.
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing the day to day operations of one of our most prestigious venues as well as leading the onsite AV and events team and driving business development to new and existing clients.
Key Responsibilities at our Event Staging Manager
- Manage day to day operation of event services in one of Kuala Lumpur’s 5 star hotels.
- Establish and maintain long lasting relationship with both internal and external parties.
- Manage budgets and profitability of the AV and production department.
- Manage a team and make sure expectations of the client are met.
- Sales and business development.
- Coordinate Logistics of audio visual and labour hire.
- Source and manage external vendors and ensure the smooth running of events.
What experience you'll need to join as our Event Staging Manager
- At least 5 years' experience in event management is essential.
- Qualification in Hospitality or Events is highly regarded.
- Previous working experience in event management and/ or agency services environment is highly regarded.
- Confidence in selling Audio Visual and technical services.
- Excellent ability to communicate verbally and in written both in English.
- Excellent planning, organisational, time management & account management skills.
- Solid track record in managing a high performing team.
- Strong business acumen and financial Management skills.
- Customer-centric and ability to build strong and long lasting customer relationship.
- Previous experience in serving high end client is highly regarded.
- Ability to manage multiple and competing deadlines.
- Strong rostering and cost management experience.
- Citizen or Permanent resident of Malaysia is pre-requisite.
Why you’ll love working with Staging Connections
- No day is the same but every day is rewarding: We work in the exciting world of events. Every event presents its own set of unique thrills and challenges, charging our teams to be creative yet pragmatic every day.
- We turn ordinary events into extraordinary experiences: It's our passion for creating unforgettable experiences
- We cultivate great culture! At Staging Connections we grow teams that are seriously fun.
- You will be an integral part to the business and as such, will be in a position to showcase your passion for our events.