Looking for a new challenge in your AV career and a change in lifestyle?
A once in a lifetime opportunity has come up to join our talented team in Alice Springs for a bright, eager AV Technician. Live in one of Australia’s most iconic regions and experience the outback on your doorstep.
We are Australia’s leading and growing event solutions company and we are on the lookout for a qualified and experienced audio visual technician to join our dedicated team in one of our prestigious venues, in the role of Audio Visual Technician. When you're not working, why not take advantage of the beautiful scenery that surrounds Alice Springs such as a weekend visit to Uluru, take a hot air balloon ride over the MacDonnell Range or even trek the rugged Larapinta Trail. If you love AV and an adventure this is the perfect role for you.
Perks of the job offered by Staging Connections
- 6 weeks annual leave
- Two return flights per year to an Australian capital city of your choice from Alice Springs.
- Accommodation provided in a 2 bedroom crew house with swimming pool and bills included. The house is situated close to both of our venues and work sites so you won't have to suffer any crazy long commutes.
- Relocation costs covered by Staging Connections which usually includes personal belongings, key furniture and your mode of transport (car / bike / bicycle) to Alice Springs.
- You'll be based at one of Alice Springs' prestigious venues.
- Get to work with a small dedicated team of Staging Connections professionals backed by 24/7 support from our Adelaide office.
- Ability to work on amazing outdoor and indoor event sites.
- Opportunity to expand your operational abilities and move up the ladder.
- The chance to play with some new equipment such as new 8.5k HD projection, Martin MH7 and CP K10s, Martin Line Array & EV Xi Outdoor PA & much more!
The role is responsible for the efficient delivery, installation, operation and removal of audiovisual and event staging equipment required to run events of all sizes and complexities within our partner hotels & at stunning offsite venues. The successful candidate will be required to set up, operate, maintain and repair equipment used in live events, such as microphones, video recorders, projectors, lighting and sound mixing equipment.
If you have a passion for events this is a great opportunity to advance your career in event production and technology - we would like to hear from you!
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Demonstrated competency in operating audio visual equipment.
- Highly developed customer service skills;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Flexible to work after hours and on weekends;
- Maintain confidentiality at all times;
- Must have excellent grooming and presentation;
- White Card, EWP Ticket, Truck License, Riggers Ticket advantageous;
- Drivers license & own transport
WHY YOU'LL LOVE US
- No day is the same but every day is rewarding in the Red Center: We work in the exciting world of events. Every event presents its own set of unique thrills and challenges, charging our teams to be creative yet pragmatic every day.
- We turn ordinary events into extraordinary experiences: It's our passion for creating unforgettable experiences
- We cultivate great culture! At Staging Connections we grow teams that are seriously fun.
- You will be an integral part to the business and as such, will be in a position to showcase your passion for our events.